Our Faith Community Nurse Ministry integrates the practice of faith with the practice of nursing. This ministry assists congregational members with reaching their optimal level of whole person health. Our Community Nurse acts as an advisor; he or she does not practice traditional nursing functions such as drawing blood, providing medical treatments or administering flu shots or medication. The Faith Community Nurse Ministry offers a variety of support services:
- Visits members identified via notification through our church office
- Provides counseling on related health issues
- Offers classes on how to maintain good health
- Arranges for health screenings
- Assists in developing support groups
- Trains and coordinates volunteers
For more information about our Faith Community Nurse Ministry, please contact our church office or Rev. Laura Berg, Minister of Congregational Care at 386-428-6252.